CMI is looking for an experienced manufacturing engineer that will help to improve productivity and quality, and increase the capacity of our manufacturing operation. This role is also responsible for coordinating the implementation of engineering changes and assisting various departments with the implementation of new tools and processes and required training.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes and workflows to identify, recommend and implement improvements to manufacturing equipment, production processes, methods and controls.
- Responsible for the ownership and creation of accurate component routings utilizing time studies
- Collaborates with machine shop programmer to determine most efficient planning, use of machines, and recommends outsourcing as appropriate
- Design tooling and fixtures for CNC mills, layup, molding, and assembly
- Design go/no-go gages for ensuring quality
- Creates setup sheets and teams with machinist to reduce setup time
- Partners with engineering during new product development for design for manufacturing
- Creates PFMEA analysis and documentation
- Creates work instructions for assembly
- Helps establish and maintain 5S in the machine shop and assembly area
- Bring lean manufacturing concepts to the manufacturing groups
- Design testing fixtures for product development evaluation
- BS in Engineering degree preferred and 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Solidworks and Solidworks composer
- Mastercam experience a plus
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Excel analysis
- Familiar with ERP systems
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Composite Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to deliver high quality, innovative products that meet or exceed our customer's requirements. Composite Manufacturing, Inc. will deliver defect-free products and services on schedule while maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory and industry standards.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: San Clemente,
Apply for this job now.