Our focus is business owners.
BBSI helps business owners build and grow their companies by providing training, consulting and support in the areas of Payroll, Human Resources, Risk/Safety, and claims management.
BBSI (Nasdaq) is experiencing a steady rate of growth and is looking for key employees to complement our existing teams in our San Jose office.
The BBSI Payroll Consultant position is a key member of the business unit team that consults on a broad range of organizational and management areas. The primary objective of the PC is to process perfect and timely payrolls for 50-80 clients with a variety of pay periods, pay cycles, and payroll complexities. Additionally, the PC will work closely with clients to understand their payroll and accounting systems and processes to help identify and recommend process improvements.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong business acumen and possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to proactively and consistently deliver value to our clients and internal teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Run perfect and timely on- and off-cycle payrolls for multiple client companies
· Become an expert in new client onboarding, BBSI payroll, CRM (Salesforce), timekeeping and HRIS systems. Identify systems options to achieve better results for clients and BU members
· Perform on-site client payroll training, HRP web training and use of all feature functionalities relevant to client.
· Become subject matter expert on client data including turnover, ongoing or seasonal headcount fluctuations, time & attendance, building payroll bridges, import & export requirements, prevailing wage, job costing, certified payroll, standard & custom reporting requirements of client companies.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Minimum 5 years of payroll experience - ideally in a multi-client, fast-paced, demanding environment
· Strong client service orientation
· CPP or FPC designation highly preferred
· Experience as a bookkeeper or accountant desirable
· Must be self-driven to succeed and help drive success for our business owners
· Systems experience including proficiency in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word. Experience in CRM, Citrix preferred
· Knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxability of wages. Exposure to employee relations, HR and workers’ compensation claims management helpful.
· Effective communicator with individuals at all levels within an organization
· Professional appearance and demeanor; excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional time management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting, with minimal supervision
· Possession of a valid driver’s license with automobile insurance meeting BBSI criteria
· Limited overnight travel for training purposes
· Approximately 40% of time to be spent out of the office (local travel within 50 miles of office) for client visits and onsite training
Our focus is business owners. Is yours?
BBSI helps business owners to focus on their business. We eliminate organizational complexity and bring predictability to the management of their business. We offer outsourced HR, risk management, payroll administration and recruiting to small-and medium-sized businesses. We combine expert knowledge with industry-leading solutions allowing business owners to focus on their core business while building stronger companies.
Role: Payroll Specialist
Location: Idaho Falls,
Apply for this job now.