The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, benefits management, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Administers the on-boarding and orientation process.
- Manages the safety program. Assist with monthly training, tracking of attendance and compliance.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Oversees recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Prepare and process weekly payroll.
- Monitors and track vacation, sick, and holiday time.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and assist with annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees.
- Administer all time clock processes and functions. Develop a thorough understanding of time clock system.
- Assist Management in finding ways to track productivity by utilizing time clock system.
- Maintains the employee handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed.
Perferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with an HR option or the equivalent years of experience.
- Three to five years of HR generalist experience.
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 760 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
Role: Human Resource
Apply for this job now.