HOME HEALTH EXPERIENCE A REQUIREMENT! HCHB experience a HUGE plus.
The Intake Coordinator is a qualified person responsible for the coordination of initial home care referrals in accordance with state and federal guidelines. Intake Coordinator serves as a liaison between referral sources, patients/caregivers, sales department and agency staff. The Intake Coordinator ensures that the patient has a smooth transition into the home health continuum of care. The Intake Coordinator reports to the Director of Nursing with an indirect report to the Director of Sales..
Education : High school graduate; College or technical school degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years home health experience required with strong knowledge of Medicare preferred..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of customers both internal and external.
- Ability to be an "influencer"
- Exceptional customer service skills even under stressful circumstances; projects a concerned and professional attitude at all times
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills- detailed oriented and able to create buy-in.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment; high energy
- Able to effectively deal with change.
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence in conversion of all accepted referrals
- Ability to take on-call responsibilities
- Ability to handle a variable workload based on referral patterns
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Able to provide information on basic home health care and refer callers to appropriate staff for more in-depth information
- Receives, tracks and coordinates all referrals from internal and external customers
- Records all intake information and inputs into computer system and gets approval from DON/CS to proceed with referral/intake process
- Assigns referrals to correct liaison with correct facility and physician sources in computer system
- Verifies: Medicare eligibility; physician licensure/OIG clearance/NPI/PECOS; status of PCP
- Tracks all referrals and conversions(admissions/non-admits) and reports to Director of Sales daily
- Coordinates initial staffing of referrals and ensures receipt of referral for care by all disciplines ordered
- Attends in-services and continuing education as applicable.
- Attains goals as set forth in annual performance evaluation.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on patient, agency, and employee matters.
- Understands the approval process for new field staff prior to patient contact.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement process as requested esp patient follow-
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Team Select Home Care reserves the right to change the above job description and qualifications without notice.
Team Select Home Care will not discriminate against the candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual preference, disability, political belief, veteran status, age or any other status protected by law.
Team Select Home Care is an employment-at-will employer.
At Team Select, we believe the amount of effort it takes to do things the right way, can only be justified by putting an equal amount of effort into having fun! Our leadership in the healthcare industry starts with our culture. Having been recognized as a 2017 "Home Care Elite Agency" as well as being awarded the #3 Best Place to Work proves that our focus on our people truly differentiates us. We encourage you to inquire about a position, and learn for yourself how rewarding work can be!
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (for FT only)
Electronic Charting (No Paper Documentation!)
Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit).
Role: Intake Coordinator Home Care - LPN
Apply for this job now.