Company: CHADWICK NOTT (LONDON)
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our client is a FTSE 100 sports gaming and betting company are seeking an Interim Commercial Lawyer with Data protection experience. The role will be to advise on a wide range of commercial matters and other legal arrangements.
- Advising on a wide range of commercial matters, contractual, services, and other legal arrangements which the firm relies on to support its trading business
- Advising on related arrangements, including service level annexes, non-disclosure agreements, and data sharing and data processing agreements
- Preparing and reviewing the firm's responses to data subject access requests
- Advising generally on data protection issues, including as GDPR applies to different aspects of the firm's business activities
- Supporting other members of the Legal team as necessary in drafting and other matters
- Managing external counsel
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified lawyer (3-6+ PQE)
- Previous experience in broad areas of commercial practice gained with a reputable firm
- A willingness to use his or her skills in a variety of different commercial and legal situations - the role would suit a lawyer who likes the challenge of applying his or her knowledge in new situations
- Previous experience in-house is an advantage, particular in the regulated financial services sector - the role would suit a lawyer who is comfortable engaging one-to-one by phone or email with trading staff and other non-legal professionals
- Solid drafting experience across a range of commercial and legal documentation
- Previous experience of data protection issues, including data privacy law/GDPR and EU/UK data sharing post-Brexit
- Previous experience of dealing with data subject access requests, and/or a willingness to adapt existing data protection knowledge in these circumstances
- A willingness to support other members of the Legal team in drafting and other general legal matters
- Comfortable dealing with legal/factual detail and understanding the context of new arrangements, without losing sight of the firm's commercial or business objectives
This role will initially be for 6 months on a daily rate basis. Daily rate subject to experience £500 -£650 a day.
If you feel you have the suitable level of experience please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.