Entry level construction position includes assisting the Construction Manager in the daily procedures of the project. To walk homes to ensure the work is done per instructions. Coordinating with office and maintaining accurate written records. Cross training in other disciplines (customer care and forward planning) as needed, enabling candidate to progress into other positions in construction management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Construction Manager in all aspects of the construction job from trench to move-in
- Assist with the supervision off trade partners from rough, finish, detail and preparation for final orientation
- Perform on-site inspections of the various trade partner work to insure that the level of quality is being complied with
- Assist Construction Manager in maintaining records of job changes, including option orders and Purchase Orders
- Maintain daily log of job site occurrences
- Assist in the evaluation of trade partners and product performance
- Provide on-going information to Customer Care Manager and Construction Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship
- Coordinate with customer care regarding quality and walk-through preparation of homes for move-in, ensuring timely home completions and deliveries
- Able to work in a team environment
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean job site for trade partners, take direction well; and able to use hand tools
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- One (1) year minimum of homebuilding experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some construction knowledge preferred
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
Ability to work full-time outdoors in the heat and cold; the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
One of America's leading homebuilders!
Since 1954, we've had the privilege of helping hundreds of thousands of families across America move into the next stage of their lives with a new home.
We build homes in some of the most desirable cities in the nation and for all stages of your life: first home, move-up home, or a multigenerational home to accommodate your changing family needs. Our communities cater to all lifestyles and include urban, suburban, active adult and golf course living.
Role: Construction Field Assistant
Apply for this job now.