Experience a very rewarding career by being a part of an amazing and energetic team at Commercial Fire Protection! Our foundation is built by a passionate group of collaborative talents and is customer centric. We have a multi-state business presence and operations, and have been experiencing tremendous growth. Because of this, we are always looking for new talents to join our dynamic organization. We offer an exceptional benefit package that is the best in the market! We are currently seeking for:
ROLE: DAS RF Optimization Technician (Full Time)
LOCATION: NorCal, CA.
DEPARTMENT: Projects and Service
REPORTS TO:Director of Projects and Service
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
PAY RANGE: Depending on Experience (D.O.E.)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The focus of the company is the design and construction of the wireless systems used to enhance the quality of coverage inside buildings for the major cellular carriers such as Verizon and AT&T. In addition to the cellular carriers, these types of systems are also used to insure high quality coverage for the police and fire departments as well
The DAS RF Optimization Technician troubleshoots and repairs for distributed antenna systems ("DAS"), small cells and Wi-Fi networks issues that are reported by alarms, outage reports or customer complaints. The incumbent establishes, maintains and executes operational and network performance standards, processes and procedures governing repair, maintenance and monitoring of these networks. The incumbent will be initially assigned to client’s jobsites in Northern California where DAS is deployed to support troubleshooting, repair and system audits.
· Excellent communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
· Maintain and improve system availability metrics for assigned clusters/regions.
· Work closely and in collaboration with the Operations team to resolve system performance issues.
• Work with customers to troubleshoot and solve system issues and outages.
· Analyze trends and optimization needs for customers to drive customer satisfaction.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure monitoring, ticketing, and information management systems are efficient and effective; support and track operational and capital budget projects and activities.
• Provide reports detailing designs, network performance and issue resolution.
• Maintain documentation of all necessary system parameters and test verifications.
• Organize meetings with wireless carriers to discuss requirements and timelines.
• Provide weekly report of completed and upcoming work.
• Interact with landlords and their representatives.
• Strong knowledge of wireless theories and principles.
• Expert-level troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
• Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
• Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
• Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
• Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
• Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
• Certification of in-building system training issued by - Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) National Association of Business Education Radio (NABER) Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) or, the manufacturer of the equipment being installed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology accredited university program or 8 years of related experience required.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in RF Engineering or "wireless carrier" field operations required.
• Minimum 3 years of DAS experience required. Experience with a wireless carrier preferred.
• Working knowledge of indoor cable and fiber distribution and installation preferred.
• Proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, MapInfo, and Google Earth Pro strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of wireless test software (e.g., TEMS, JDSU, Pocket) and RF testing tools (e.g., CW, Spectrum Analyzer, Coax Line Sweep, PIM Test, Anritsu) preferred.
• Valid driver's license required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A.
Approximately 50% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 65% travel will be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 35 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
OUR TOP OF THE INDUSTRY PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Employee Group Medical Insurance Coverage 100% paid by the Company (Choose between EPO and PPO Nationwide Network)
- Employee Group Dental (DHMO) Insurance Coverage 100% paid by the Company (upgrade to PPO available for minimal cost)
- Employee Vision and Chiropractic embedded in the medical plan paid by the Company
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D paid by the Company
- Employee Short Term Disability paid by the Company (for employees outside California)
- Employee Long Term Disability paid by the Company
- Additional Optional Vision Coverage
- 2 Weeks Accrued Paid Vacation
- 3 Days Paid Sick Leave
- 1 Day Paid Personal Holiday
- 8 Paid Major Holidays
- The Best 401(k) Plan in the industry!!!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team Building and Team Appreciation Events
- And much more!!!
Commercial Fire Protection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Commercial Fire Protection is a full service fire protection provider throughout the West Coast. We strive to provide the total customer experience for a fire protection service provider. We have been in business for 15 years and continue to grow and move towards expanding this company into a nationwide corporation. We utilize the latest in cutting edge technology while developing our own process and apps to increase the customer experience. We are looking for motivated individual who can help to improve our customer experience as well as set new industry standards in performance and process improvement. We are always excited to bring new individuals on board!
Role: DAS RF Optimization Technician
Location: Walnut Creek,
Apply for this job now.