Seven Social Care are looking for a Temporary Qualified Children's Social Worker based in Bedlington, Northumberland.
We are looking for suitably qualified social workers to work in our triage/ MASH function (office based) to screen contacts, contact referrers, contact families and make recommendations about next steps in cases. The worker should have good IT skills and have a good knowledge of threshold criteria for early help services and statutory children's social care. The role is for three months initially and will be reviewed after this period
- To carry a complex mixed caseload of children in a variety of circumstances. (CIN/CP/LAC)
- To aim to achieve good outcomes for children and their families
- To assess children and their families; to devise plans which address identified needs
- Assess and manage risk utilising an evidence based approach
- To use social work tools, practice and research to underpin interventions
- To promote children and young people remaining with their birth families or identified carers, by preventing family breakdown or reuniting children or young people separated from their family due to temporary crisis.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.