COMPANY: EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
The Sr. Cloud DevOps/Solutions Engineer role reports into R&D IT Team. This role will be responsible for the support and development of cloud solutions for Edwards' Critical Care R&D business needs.
This position will perform R&D IT solutions architecture, and design solutions and projects focused on cloud infrastructure and IP protection. Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new technologies & build effective solutions for R&D
- Engineer robust solutions that are scalable and meet the needs of New Product Development and other business requirements
- Work with Cloud Architects in developing and implementing new cloud solutions
- Bring Best of Breed Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure and Software solutions
- Remove roadblocks to innovation, build key relationships and lasting partnerships
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related area is required. A minimum 5 years of relevant experience is required with a Bachelor's degree; a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required with a Master's degree. Relevant experience includes:
- Developing cloud-based applications and/or solutions
- Good knowledge of Azure IaaS components such as VMs, Virtual networks, Storage and PaaS components like App Service, Serverless computing, Storage
- AWS VPCs, Subnets, EC2s, routing
- AWS Compute, Storage, IoT, Developer Tools
- Experience implementing DevOps processes and tools
- Analytical, problem solver with ability to challenge existing processes and come up with innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things
- Experience with system engineering for combined hardware, software systems is a plus.
- Java, Python or other Object-Oriented Programming and troubleshooting skills is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with software tools for requirements management, engineering analysis, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills on multi-year projects with multi-functional teams
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with engineers, management, marketing and health care professionals
- Knowledge of Medical Device product lifecycle to provide technical leadership is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Requirements and developing a HITRUST Certified application and/or infrastructure is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. - provided by Dice