This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19 Email your resume directly: #removed#
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network
HD Map data is the major offline data on a running autonomous driving vehicle that makes L4 autonomous driving possible. As a Senior Data Analytics Engineer on the TuSimple Maps team, you will build ETL pipelines, design data models, and craft visualizations that will deliver compelling insights on our map making performance and reliability, operation efficiency, map data quality, and autonomous safety. You will work with our map infrastructure engineers to design a scalable and flexible analytical platform that will empower the company to quickly develop analytical applications for various business needs. In addition, you will support key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, among others, and train users on data model creation and use of data visualization tools, so they can promptly derive business insights for their functional areas.
- Contribute to the design and development of our analytical platform, work closely with infrastructure engineers to choose the proper technology stack for analytics infrastructure and visualization tools.
- Build insightful data models with the mind of performance and maintainability. Ensure our data models are adaptable so they can evolve quickly with the change of business needs.
- Develop highly scalable and flexible ETL pipelines.
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards to help cross-functional stakeholders glean insights for their functional areas.
- Deliver insights through ad hoc data extractions and analysis to address business needs.
- Train data champions from across the organization on SQL and data modeling.
- Train end users to become capable of self-serving with our visualization tools.
- Improve data quality and availability to provide users with highly accurate and reliable sources of data.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and tools in data analytics and engineering to help improve existing technology stack.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a data analytics engineer, data analyst, or data scientist.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Expert knowledge in data modeling and data visualization tools.
- Hands-on experience in developing highly scalable, distributed ETL pipelines for large volumes of data.
- Experience with some of the following tools is preferred but not required: Hive, Presto, Druid, Redshift, Snowflake, Apache Airflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- High level of precision and attention to details.
- Strong business acumen and product intuition.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Annual Performance Bonus $$
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt