HGV Tanker Driver (Class 1)
Monday - Friday shift (60 hours)
About the role
Are you an experienced Class 1 Tanker Driver looking for your next opportunity? Are you looking for guaranteed hours and the option to work overtime?
We're looking for a number of HGV Tanker drivers that hold a C+E licence to join our team. You'll be undertaking the delivery & collection of product on behalf of Menzies Distribution Solutions Limited and its customers. In this particular role you'll be providing a first class service on behalf of our Food & Ingredients division, undertaking the collection / delivery of products such as edible oil / yeast.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection / cleaning procedures in place
HGV Class 1 Tanker Driver Duties:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer's premises or other MDS locations.
- Delivering [product] on behalf of MDS and their customer
- Use of electronic P.O.D and up to date technology (full training will be given to ensure best practice)
- Assisting with loading and unloading
HGV Class 1 Tanker Driver Requirements:
- A full UK C+E licence (essential)
- 12 months previous class 1 driving experience (desirable)
- Previous tanker driving experience
- Excellent driving skills
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- No previous disqualifications (DD,TT,DR,CD,IN)
- 'Right To Work' in the UK
- Good knowledge of drivers hours and WTD regulations
- Modern fleet
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Free CPC training
- Healthshield: free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities and development plans
- Driver of The Year Awards
A little bit about us:
At Menzies Distribution, we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - we keep moving forwards.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
Ready to set the wheels in motion? If you're interested in applying for this HGV Tanker Driver position, please feel free to apply directly or get in touch at #removed#
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustm