The Residential Manager is primarily responsible to oversee the entire operation of a designated portion of the residential program. The Residential Manager will also foster and maintain on-going open communication with guardians, parents, family members, and program staff as deemed necessary. Employee must serve as a role model and be able to work independently. They must attend required training and staff meetings. Complete confidentiality is required. Must be responsive to the needs of the residential program area and be willing to be assigned other duties as needed. The Residential Manager will supervise Direct Support Professionals. The Residential Manager is directly responsible to the Assistant Residential Director.
1. Participate in Person Centered Plan process (PCP/Supports/Goals). Oversee and assure the implementation of goals and training programs for designated individuals.
2. Assure the corporate records for the management of the assigned home(s) are accurate and up-to-date including, but not limited to, individual attendance records, electronic Medication Administration Records (eMAR's), fire/tornado drills, Therap documentation, house inspections, house and staff meetings, etc.
3. Assure financial guidelines are followed as directed through the Business and Finance Department.
4. Assist Workforce manager with coordinating schedules; assure time record accuracy, supervise, interview and evaluate program staff.
5..Serve as a contact person for residential emergencies to include shift coverage. Must be accessible by phone.
6. Insure houses meet state standards on safety and cleanliness. Complete and follow up on work orders for repairs and/or maintenance needs.
7. Coordinate movement of individuals into and out of the assigned residential setting.
8. Train and provide orientation for all new direct line staff.
9. Administer medications by following the eMAR's instructions and completing all appropriate documentation.
10. Monitor personal hygiene needs of persons served. Assist staff as needed in providing services to individuals that are conducive to health care, good hygiene, and body cleanliness, including bathing and toileting.
Residential Manager must have a High School diploma/GED. Valid Driver's License, Physical, and the ability to be covered by corporation vehicle insurance. Must meet all requirements necessary for transporting persons served. Prefer minimum 2 years experience in the human services field, preferably in a residential setting. Must have the ability to:
* Repetitively lift at least 35 pounds unassisted and ability to perform unassisted transfers of disabled adults with adaptive equipment (gait belts, Hoyer lifts, etc.);
* learn and perform basic safety techniques ( which include lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, blocking, grabbing);
* recognize natural teaching opportunities and act upon them;
* handle all aspects of personal care with sensitivity and caring;
* redirect undesirable (sometimes aggressive) behaviors while maintaining calm and composure;
* be physically and mentally capable of providing safe transportation in corporate vehicles;
* report for work on site, on time, work for the full shift, and be flexible regarding work location;
* communicate through verbal, written and electronic mediums;
* observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively;
* maintain a high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness, patience and ability to work in a team environment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro