Client in the Avenal/Kettleman City area is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor to join their team. This is a second shift opportunity.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all plant processing equipment, facilities, utilities, vehicles and farm equipment. The position also requires project management participation for planned expansions. The position also requires “hands on” work, including assisting the mechanics in maintenance tasks. Management of the huller during the harvest season is also part of the maintenance technical supervisors’ duties.
- Direct and monitor maintenance personnel activities as instructed.
- Perform and coordinate maintenance activities as needed with user groups.
- Train maintenance personnel on proper methods of repairing equipment and vehicles.
- Prioritize, schedule and assign maintenance tasks.
- Help in maintaining critical parts inventory
- Communicate with vendors for technical advice or parts issues.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities and expenses.
- Manage Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program for equipment.
- During the harvest season, take a leadership/managerial role in the hulling process.
- Assist with expansion/modification projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to train, direct and lead maintenance personnel
- Knowledge of safety standards and a safety conscious attitude. This includes familiarity with handling electrical power sources and their dangers, as well as dangers associated with equipment having other energy sources that can cause injury (LOTO or LOBO).
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems as they pertain to food processing and packaging equipment
- Working knowledge of electronics, Programmable Logic Controllers, and motor controls.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Word programs
- Experience and education in mechanical, engineering, or other related technical fields pertaining to maintenance activities.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and work extra hours if needed on assignments.
- Experienced in team building and management skills
- Knowledge of GMP’s and Food safety practices.
- Bilingual a plus but not required to complete the duties
Why choose us? Our client offers great benefits:
* Medical -Vision and Dental
* Flexible spending plan
* Cell phone provided by the client and paid for
* Vacation/Sick and Holiday pay
Pay: Depending on Experience
Hours: Second shift - 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM - must be available to work weekends and overtime when needed.
If interested apply with detailed resume to be considered.
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Role: Maintenance Supervisor - Second Shift
Apply for this job now.