Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
The Manufacturing Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing overall equipment effectiveness, evaluating production/packaging line improvements, new equipment requirements, troubleshooting protocols. Prioritizes work, schedules and assigns appropriate personnel to complete the work. Coordinates with the different departments to release the equipment for service. Arrange shutdowns as needed. Obtain permits as needed. Also responsible for parts inventory management, and for preventive/predictive maintenance programs. Serves as continuous improvement champion for overall equipment effectiveness. Provides technical input for the development of equipment/component specifications to assure efficient equipment operations.
- Oversees overall equipment effectiveness and reliability, establishes equipment troubleshooting protocols, and evaluates production/package line improvements and new equipment requirements. Prioritizes work and then schedules and assigns appropriate personnel to complete the work. Coordinates with the different departments to release the equipment for service. Arrange shutdowns as needed. Obtain permits as needed.
- Provides input associated with equipment qualification/validation and development of equipment/component specifications to assure efficient operations.
- Reviews, develops and optimizes master maintenance schedules for production/packaging equipment. Monitors and champions best practices in equipment maintenance and optimization. Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing Principles Champion. Makes recommendations on innovative and cost effective options for a given application that meets end user expectations and produces high quality, lower cost finished product. Manages small projects including machine modifications, tooling purchases and machine upgrades. Establishes and maintains a liaison with equipment vendors
- Hires, develops, coaches, assigns, rewards and monitors maintenance staff. Sets objectives and development plans for direct staff as well as indirect departmental personnel. Identifies, selects and implements training and continuous improvement programs to provide professional and interpersonal development for subordinates. Establishes succession/replacement plans for maintenance positions.
- Provides information to employees through regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Maintains all safety and cGMP records, and enforces regulatory compliance.
- Assists in planning the annual budget for the department. Minimizes unnecessary costs and inefficiencies.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive maintenance supervisory experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Powered by JazzHR