Charles Taylor is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry's 'best in class' professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risk markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Loss Adjuster to join our growing Paris office. This would be supporting an existing team of three and an excellent opportunity for someone to join an entrepreneurial team whilst working on a diverse portfolio of claims, including both general and more specialist claims.
To perform a loss adjusting function for all claims. This will involve: -
- Receiving and acknowledging new claims
- Managing and coordinating claims in a timely and professional fashion
- Undertaking site visits and meeting with Insurers, Reinsurers, Brokers, Claimants, Insureds and other interested parties in the UK and worldwide
- Preparing preliminary reports commenting in detail on all aspects of the claim including legal and policy liability considerations, potential quantum and future actions
- Instructing and controlling surveyors, lawyers, forensic scientists and other experts as necessary
- Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communications
- Calculating and agreeing settlement of claims and preparing accurate final reports.
- To assist in the marketing and PR of the CTA's loss adjusting operations, which will involve working closely with members of the Property, Casualty & Special Risks & Energy divisions.
To assist in and develop the effective marketing of Charles Taylor adjusting including: -
- Developing working relationships with existing Clients
- Helping to identify and plan approaches to new Clients
- Arranging and attending client coffee meetings and lunches, client evenings and other social events
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of presentations and tenders to Clients and potential Clients
- Assisting others with their marketing functions
- Where required, to assist in the training, development and mentoring of other members of the team
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- Experience of working as a Loss Adjusting, within a diverse range of claims. This could include financial lines, fine art, jewelers block and property, including water damage and fire type claims
- Bilingual, fluent in both French and English, both speaking, reading and writing
- Experience in writing loss adjusting reports
- An eager learner, happy to take director
Why join Charles Taylor?
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charl