Company: FARRER BARNES LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our client, an exciting multi faceted SME with a clearly defined Group structure is seeking a Financial Controller to focus on delivering tangible results from this highly effective and recognisable business.
As a leader in their field, the business operates across the whole of South East England and has an increasing footprint of customers both locally and further afield.
This business is primed for expansion in the coming years. The Group FC will be instrumental in providing a clear strategy to achieve these targets.
The business, whilst split over a group of companies, remains autonomous and entrepreneurial, with a strong work ethic.
As the Financial Controller, you will take ownership and accountability for the day to day financial reporting and keep the MD and Group FD updated on trends and significant changes. Critically, you will be a business leader and someone that is given the autonomy and ability to make decisions.
Duties will included, but not be limited to:
- Lead a small team whilst remaining extremely hands-on
- Develop the business plans and 3-5 years forecasts
- Support the MD with both acquisitive and organic growth plans
- Act as a genuine number two within the business
- Ultimately control and direct the financial performance of the business
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work as a classic Financial Controller whilst demonstrating excellent business acumen. Also, you will need to be able to roll up your sleeves and to be hands-on where appropriate and not 'too important' to process journals, invoices or payroll. The right candidate will:
- Have a sound financial background - ideally ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Demonstrate an appreciation for a divisional or SME set-up
- Have excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Be able to grasp and share the wider business vision
- Take accountability and ownership for the finances and the ultimate success of the business alongside the MD
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.