Company: BLACKTOP RESTAURANT GROUP LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Casero Taqueria is now hiring an energetic individual to lead our upscale casual Mexican restaurant! Come be a part of an exciting hospitality driven environment.
Casero Taqueria is a Baja inspired taqueria experience with a focus on community! Our house-made corn and flour tortillas, salsas, and guacamole is literally just the start. We invite you to enjoy our chef-inspired menu where our proprietary Casero tortillas, marinades and dedication to Mexican flavors set our tacos apart from any other Mexican restaurant in town. Come for the food and stay for our awesome bar, dining room, and amazing patio you will want to enjoy with you family and friends.
The General Manager is responsible for providing positive, ethical leadership that motivates and inspires the team and develops their talent and skill set achieving company results. This role requires a food and guest-centric philosophy that delivers profitable sales growth and safer working conditions.As the General Manager, you foster a culture in accordance with our Core Values through your daily interactions with guest, team members, and the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities, the essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Team Members: responsible for selection and hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Recruitment: Oversees quality recruitment and referrals of potential hourly and management candidates
- Food Supplies: Purchasing all food and supplies and overseeing use of food and beverages within required dates and with a minimum of waste
- Supervision: Supervising Team Members in terms of food preparation, guest service, cleaning, and repairs to restaurant and grounds
- Team Building: Promoting cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among team members
- Guest Service: Ensures quick friendly guest service according to company guidelines, achieving objectives of the restaurant
- Maintenance & Cleanliness: Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness of the entire restaurant location inside and outside
- Schedules and supervises routine maintenance and immediately informs upper management of needed repairs
- Communication: Communicates with all managers through daily logs and on shift changes, and advises upper management of any non-routine situations
- Inventory: Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels and implementing inventory controls and conducting full and partial inventory counts as needed
- Problem Resolution: Resolving complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner
- Safety: Responsible for safety audits, inspections, and accident prevention
- Alcohol Awareness: Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift-by-shift basis
- Food Standards: Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards
- Evaluate: Performing daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment and to ensure that food is cooked properly
- Standard Practices: Participating in training about standardized policies and conferring regularly with owner management about restaurant operations
- Administration: Administering payroll and maintaining records of sales and cash receipts including related areas of accounting, budgeting, credit policies, and banking methods; providing regular, accurate, computerized reports of operations to owner management
- Financials: Achieves company targets, specifically; sales forecasts, food cost, labor cost, packaging and consistent recurring costs such as utilities, R&M and small wares
- Records: Maintaining daily records of food prep, inventory, and temperature logs
- Lead by Example: Serves as Band Ambassador to Team Members, guest and vendors. Assists and supports in the various positions in the restaurant.
- Marketing: Responding to guest and community interests to develop marketing and advertising to boost sales and community awareness of the restaurant
- Company Assets: Maintains and controls the assets of the company
- Enforcement: Assures compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- High school diploma, GED certificate OR demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required
- Hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred
- 3 years management experience required
- Previous restaurant experience required
- Successful completion of management food safety program is helpful
- High energy, outgoing and exemplifies a positive vibe and energy
- Ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent guest service to treat patrons like family
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate team members
Must be able to speak clearly in English and listen attentively to Team Members, Guests, Vendors, and Visitors. Must be able to stand, lift up to 30 pounds, and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to twelve (12) hours in length.