Senior Environmental Consultant
Locations: Belfast (Northern Ireland)
Salary: £28-£32k negotiable depending on experience + Company car
Hours of Work: 9-5 Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch
Holiday allowance: 25 days + bank holidays
About the Company:
At Adler and Allan, we provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
About the Senior Environmental Consultant Role:
The Senior Environmental Consultant will support the Consultancy Division in providing customers, colleagues and other stakeholders with commercially aware, technically proficient and professional environmental risk reduction services.
This is a full-time role with daily hours of 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday with a one-hour unpaid meal break. (35 hours per week). Due to the responsibilities associated with the role, it will be necessary to dedicate any hours as required to provide the managerial support to the business to ensure all tasks are completed. The post holder will also be required to satisfy overtime requirements and due to the nature of the duties of this post on occasion may be required to stay away from home overnight.
Senior Environmental Consultant Responsibilities:
- Project management with support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams.
- Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties.
- Site investigation design.
- Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
- Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare reports including:
- Preliminary Risk Assessments
- Interpretive site investigation reports
- Site verification/validation reports.
- Control and take responsibility for project financials.
- Assisting Principal Environmental Consultants in the development and training of less experienced team members.
- Identify and share opportunities for the wider A&A group.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as required by the consultancy division and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
Senior Environmental Consultant Requirements:
- Hold a BSc in geography / Environmental Science or similar, and a relevant Masters degree is preferred.
- Full UK Driving Licence as you will be required to travel to any location within the Company's operational footprint (Essential)
- 4+ years' experience in an Environmental Consultancy role.
- Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience supervising a variety of t