If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (#removed#/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER !
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Logistics Manager is responsible to manage all activities associated with the efficient operation of accounts. This includes P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance, employee relations and safety. We are seeking someone who is able to drive best practices and innovation, route design and implementation, and willing and able to communicate well with all levels of leadership.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Manage the performance of salaried employees as well as hourly paid employees under his/her responsibility, resolve performance issues, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management and customers to determine their needs and expectations and operate the account to meet those demands.
- Be responsible for the payroll of employees.
- Analyze weekly and monthly P&L statement to determine account profitability, and provide financial data and weekly operations report to senior management.
- Be responsible for accounts payable, vendor quotes for purchased materials, and customer invoicing.
- Hold Safety & Security meetings, provide safety training and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various work shifts
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team environment
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word required)
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics, transportation. A combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
- Five (5) years or more in the management of warehouse and/or transportation operations required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.