Registered Learning Disability Nurse
Salary: £24,907 - £33,176 pro rata (Band 5/Band 6 up to £33, 176)
Location: Kirkby Lonsdale, Carnforth
Permanent, Part time - 24 hours per week
Pulse is excited to work in partnership with one of the UK's leading healthcare providers to recruit a Registered Learning Disability Nurse to join their team.
Our Client specialises in Education, Care and Therapy for young people with autistic spectrum conditions, learning difficulties, complex behaviour associated with autism and anxiety and mental health needs.
As a Registered Learning Disability Nurse, you will be responsible for achieving the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner, by providing direct nursing care to children and young people with complex and challenging needs. You will also involve the effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs-based care.
- NMC Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, Mental Health Nurse or a General Nurse.
- Diploma or Degree in either Learning Disability, Mental Health or General Nursing.
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, either as a nurse or in another capacity.
- Experience of administration of medication and PRN medication.
- Effective supervision of staff, working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver needs-based care.
- Experience of providing clinical treatment and follow up if necessary.
- Dealing with both internal and external professionals and parents/carers.
- Good communication skills.
- Compassionate with good interpersonal skills.
- Intuitive and caring nature.
- Access to regular clinical supervision
- The opportunity to work within a specialist patient group
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Employee Reward Hub - access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Gym membership
- Free parking
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on [... Click Apply...]for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful* referral.