WANT TO PASS YOUR CLASS 2 LGV LICENCE FREE
Yes free, this once in a lifetime opportunity has become available at our Reynolds Depot in Yate.
This Trainee Driver Academy (TDA) position is a platform for prospective employees possessing an excellent work history and great work ethic, who would like to join the distribution team in Yate and start the journey to becoming a professional LGV Driver.
Trainee Driver Academy
Location: Unit 3, 247 Armstrong Way, Great Western Business Park, Yate, Bristol, BS37 5NH
Working Hours: Average of 48 hours per week
Shift Pattern: 5 days over 7
Starting Trainee Salary: £23,000
Who is it for?
This would suit a candidate who is looking to change direction and begin a career path in Transport, and to gain their LGV professional qualification.
This is a fantastic opportunity to springboard your career into professional driving with a successful growing business.
How does it work?
- Starting Salary £23,000 per annum
- Contracted as Driver Trainee during 6 month probationary period
- Aim to pass Class 2 licence in 12 - 14 weeks (Dependant on test bookings)
- Once Class 2 licence is received trainee driver will be assessed on 7.5t vehicle and if upgraded salary will be increase to £26,000.
- On completion of 6 month probation trainee driver will be assessed on Class 2 vehicle and if upgraded salary will increase to £29,000
- CPC training is covered as part of Class 2 qualification
The Trainee Driver Academy will provide the foundation, knowledge and experience for obtaining a Class 2 license.
Trainees will be required to demonstrate an aptitude and understanding of both driving and theory skills which will culminate in them achieving their Cat C license. Following an in-dept induction you will be trained by your driver mentor in all aspects of the role.
Subjects covered to pass Licence Acquisition:
- Theory based training test
- Hazard perception training test
- Cat C practical training test
- CPC module 2 and 4
- Permanent Contract
- Cash Introductory Scheme
- 28 days paid annual leave (increased with length of service up to 33 days)
- Enrolment in to Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Access to discounts and savings through their Retail Rewards portal
- Free onsite parking
- Direct access to loans and savings plans with NLCU
- Long service award
- Baby boxes
- Loyalty sick pay
- Day of for moving home
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.