This position requires individuals who are early-birds and have the ability to work early morning start times. There will be continuous bending, twisting and turning throughout the day. You will also need to be able to push, pull or maneuver weight of 50 lbs. average throughout the day.
We are looking for candidates with previous DSD(Direct Store Delivery) experience preferably in the consumable industry.
Interviews are being conducted now for candidates being considered. We are in the process of filling these available positions, so please submit your resume immediately for consideration.
Route Driver responsibilities:
- Uphold and maintain excellent sales relationships with customers
- Delivery of products, inventory and usage of handheld device
- Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices and cash.
- Ability to complete day to day distribution center responsibilities.
- Work safely while performing all aspects of the job including driving a company box truck
- Must keep organized invoices, files, etc.
- Proper distribution techniques to ensure the sale of fresh product
- Daily pre and post trip inspections.
Route Driver Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Able to work long hours beginning early mornings
- The right candidate will be dependable, hard working, and have experience in route sales (preferred)
- Must possess a valid CDL and have a clean MVR (Motor Vehicle report)
- Must be able to pass DOT physical
Route Driver schedule:
- Full time position
- Starting time between the hours of 3:00 am - 5:00 am M T TH F S
- Shifts are an 8-12 hour day depending on the demands of the route
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Constantly reaching; frequently sitting, standing, bending, squatting, walking, kneeling, climbing, and driving.
Occasionally pushing and or pulling up to 300lbs
THIS POSITION IS NOT OPEN TO RELOCATION- THIS POSITION CANNOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP .
Iberia Foods provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Iberia Foods complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Iberia Foods, originally called "Joseph Victori & Compan with offices in Manhattan, began selling olives in the 1930s. Over the years, it changed hands and in 1990 CPC International attained 40% of Iberia Foods. By 1994, CPC International became Best Foods and the acquisition of Iberia Foods was then consummated. In 2002, Unilever acquired Best Foods. Finally, in 2004, Iberia Foods was then obtained by Brooklyn Bottling Group, which is a manufacturer and distributor of international beverage brands, such as Tropical Fantasy, Nature Own, Best Health, Squeez, Country Club from the Dominican Republic, Postobon from Colombia, D&G from Jamaica, and Cola LaCaye from Haiti.
BBCs owner, Eric Miller, saw an interest in the ethnic markets and began to invest in these expanding markets, as the demographics in the U.S. had begun to diversify. He started with D&G Sodas from Jamaica, soon thereafter, signed contracts of exclusivity with Cola Lacaye in Haiti, Country Club Sodas in the Dominican Republic, Colombiana and Postobon drinks from Colombia. The focus of the Iberia brand had always been to service the Hispanic and Caribbean markets by importing the tastes of home, now bringing them foods to compliment the beverage portfolio. Iberia understands the unique needs within each ethnic community.
The Iberia/BBC group currently services over 10,000 supermarkets, club stores, wholesalers and distributors in the East Cost. Iberia had serviced the East Coast from its original two locations in New York and Miami. The company has now grown tremendously since then, and now prides itself on its East Coast profile. With locations in New York, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, and its most recent location, Springfield, Massachusetts, Iberia Foods continues to expand.
Role: CDL Truck Driver / Class A CDL Truck Driver
Apply for this job now.