Job Title: Maintenance Fitter
The Company has improved its performance by more than £6million in the past 12 months. Year-end figures for 2016 show the Company approaching break-even with a £0.9 million pre-tax loss compared to a 2015 pre-tax loss of £7.6 million.
Aspects of the business plan which have aided the Company's change in fortunes include site-wide efficiency measures through continued investment and an aggressive drive towards new markets.
New orders of significant value have been won in recent months and with the business working towards its strategy and change program, now is an exciting time to join us.
We have an award winning apprenticeship program and currently employ over 30 apprentices across our site in all disciplines.
What does the role involve day to day?
The Work Rolls business unit produces large forged steel rolls for rolling mills worldwide.
Work, intermediate and small back-up rolls up to 12 Tonnes finished weight are produced in a dedicated manufacturing facility on Hawke Street. Forged steel blanks are rough machined before going through a specialised heat treatment process involving induction hardening and cryogenic treatment. After heat treatment the roll blanks are finish turned, milled and precision ground to achieve the final dimensional tolerances of less than 1/1000 inch.
Working within a team of three shift electricians and three shift fitters, the purpose of the job is to support production by maintaining all equipment within the Work Rolls department using planned maintenance system and also reacting promptly to any unplanned breakdowns as they occur.
The tasks of the job:
- Understanding of and compliance with company Health & Safety systems and procedures.
- Use of Spidex PPM system
- Maintenance and repair work on various machine tools and heat treatment plant
- Maintenance and repair work on overhead cranes, involving working at height
- Production mechanical fitting work
- Use of tool room machinery including lathes, drills, mills etc. to make necessary parts
- Any other duties commensurate with the job role.
What are we looking for from applicants?
Our ideal applicant will hold the following
- Apprenticed trained as a maintenance fitter/engineer
- Ability to work at heights & in confined spaces
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Previous experience of working in a heavy engineering environment
- Previous experience of maintaining overhead cranes
- Ability to use own initiative and be self-motivated
- Good team worker
Advantageous (Highly Recommended)
- Previous experience of using tool room machinery to produce and repair machine parts
- Previous experience of working on machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, cylindrical grinders
Contract type: Permanent, Full time, 37.5 hours per week on average, 3 shift system, The hours of work are as follows:
Mornings 06:00 - 13:00 (14:00 finish Wednesday),
Afters 13:00 - 20:00, (14:00 start Wednesday)
Nights 20:00 - 06:00
What can we offer you in return?
25 days annual leave plus the 8 statutory days, 33 days in total. We provide a stakeholder pension scheme with up to 4% Employers contribution. Due to our excellent location we are able to provide free onsite parking. We also provide an online discounted benefits package, child care voucher scheme and comprehensive training for all roles.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to or call Elizabeth on 01524 865551 for further information.
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Role: Maintenance Fitter
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire
Apply for this job now.