Job Title: Maintenance Fitter
The Company has improved its performance by more than £6million in the past 12 months. Year-end figures for 2016 show the Company approaching break-even with a £0.9 million pre-tax loss compared to a 2015 pre-tax loss of £7.6 million.
Aspects of the business plan which have aided the Company's change in fortunes include site-wide efficiency measures through continued investment and an aggressive drive towards new markets.
New orders of significant value have been won in recent months and with the business working towards its strategy and change program, now is an exciting time to join us.
We have an award winning apprenticeship program and currently employ over 30 apprentices across our site in all disciplines.
What does the role involve day to day?
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced maintenance fitter to join the Forge. The primary role is to maintain all equipment utilised by the Forge by using planned maintenance techniques and covering any breakdowns which may occur.
The main duties of the role will be:
- Maintenance of overhead cranes, involving working at height
- Other maintenance tasks for equipment may involve working in confined spaces
- Maintenance and repairs of equipment such as valves and pumps
- Complete the electronic maintenance system (Shire) for job details to pass to the next shift
- Understanding and compliance of Health & Safety regulations
- Any other duties commensurate with this role.
What are we looking for from applicants?
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that candidates have the following:
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Fully conversant with hydraulic and pneumatic fault finding
- Previous bench fitting experience
- Previous experience in working in a heavy engineering environment
- Previous experience of maintaining overhead cranes
Contract type: Permanent, Full time, 37.5 hours per week on average, 3 shift system, The hours of work are as follows:
Mornings 06:00 - 13:00 (14:00 finish Wednesday),
Afters 13:00 - 20:00, (14:00 start Wednesday)
Nights 20:00 - 06:00
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to or call Elizabeth on 01524 865551 for further information. To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google. Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Role: Maintenance Fitter
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire
Apply for this job now.