Speech and Language Teaching Assistant
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
Vision for Education are looking to appoint a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant to support children with speech and language difficulties. Working at a school in Calderdale, the successful Speech and Language Teaching Assistant will be required to work with pupils on a small group or 1-to-1 basis. This is a full-time role, to commence immediately.
Working closely with a small group of children or one a 1-to-1 basis, the desired Speech and Language Teaching Assistant
The school are seeking and engaging and proactive Behaviour Support Assistant to join their motivated team. A warm and inclusive environment, they provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met.
To be considered for the Speech and Language Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have demonstrable experience of working with individuals with speech and language difficulties
- Be up to date with the tools and resources available to you as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant, including a good understanding of phonics, first and next cards and use of visuals.
- Have experience working with either with small groups or 1:1 with students
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield Primary team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance rel