Accounts Payable Specialist
Salt Lake City, Utah
An established distribution company in Salt Lake City is looking for a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist. With over 19 stores across the valley, this person will be responsible for daily bookkeeping, maintaining accounts and keeping accounts in an organized manner. This position requires the ability to assist with month-end close and prepare financials.
This is a great opportunity with a successful industry leader! This position is Full-time, Mon-Friday and office professional hours.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Opens mail, matches invoices to packing slips, codes and enters invoices into the accounting system
- Selects invoices for payment based on office policy; generates and disburses checks
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Codes invoices to correct cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifies federal id numbers; schedules and prepares checks, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensures credit is received for outstanding memos; issues stop-payments
- Reimburses employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and/or check requests
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Obtains and enters W9 for Annual 1099-Misc. reporting
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Some college preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities on projects
- 2-4 years of experience in general accounting
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, predominantly Excel
- AS400 a plus
Medical, Dental and Vision (90 days after start). PTO.
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
We offer high-touch, high-value services. With over two decades in business as a premier recruiting firm, we have deep networks and long-standing industry connections that allow us to find and fill top roles quickly.
Local by design. Because PrincePerelson is headquartered in Utah, we know the unique culture and business needs of the state. We are the first choice for anyone looking to hire, relocate, or expand in Utah.
A long-term commitment. Our team has an average of 10 years experience with our company. This experience translates directly into a deep understanding of our clients objectives and a total commitment to their success.
Strategic partnerships. Throughout the process of finding or filling roles, we act as a strategic partner, offering constant communication and industry insight.
PrincePerelson is certified with the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is one of the largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. This standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses.
At PrincePerelson, we foster diversity in the workforce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy. We are proud to appear on Staffing Industry Analysts list of Largest Diversity Staffing Firms in the United States.
Role: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.