Job Title: Mobile Vehicle Technician Field Based (London)
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent Full time&weekends on a rota basis
Hours: 45 hours per week
Location: Field BasedLondon (covering London and surrounding areas) Ideal candidate will live in or around London
VMS Fleet Management Ltd is a forward-thinking Contract Hire, Fleet Management Company with Mercedes-Benz truck and van aftersales accreditation at its site in North Devon and MAXUS UK aftersales accreditation at our sites in Stevenage, Bathgate, Warrington, Bridgend, Crawley and Tamworth. VMS provide a wide range of services to blue chip fleet operators and Insurance Companies that includes Accident Management, Contract Hire, Repair and Maintenance Services, Vehicle Hire, Refrigeration, Salvage and Fleet Disposal.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mobile Vehicle Technician. The role will include but not limited to:
- Responsibility for routine servicing and repairs, brakes gearbox and clutch repairs and replacements, electronic and mechanical fault finding, electrics and all other duties associated with this role
- Completing all work assigned on a daily basis, ensuring that adherence to company and manufacturer standards and agreed time constraints
- Completing all necessary diagnostic analyses on vehicles as laid down by company and vehicle specifications
- Ensuring that work is always to the highest standard, seeking to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Carry out and complete administrative tasks including all worksheets, recording hours, parts used, job and defect sheets.
- Presenting a positive company image through professionalism and quality of service
- Maintain good working relationship with clients
- Updating the workshop coordinator with progress on jobs and any additional rectification work required
- Managing and prioritising jobs and workload, scheduling, completing paperwork and communicating with managers and senior-level staff members as appropriate.
Training on the repair and maintenance of Mercedes Benz&MAXUS vehicles included electric vehicles will be provided for the successful candidate.
Skill and Experience:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience of working with commercial vehicles, ideally Mercedes Benz, Ford, Volkswagen and Isuzu
- Experience of inspection, repair, and service of HGV vehicles and light commercial vehicles
- Class 2 Driving License
- Qualified to City and Guilds 1 + 2 or NVQ level 3 Motor Vehicle Technician Qualification
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Work to high levels of efficiency and productivity
- Be prepared to work weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis