Software Asset Manager
Flexible working available
Software Asset Manager required for our global distribution client based in the Luton area but with flexible working available. This role controls and protects the organization's IT Software assets (i.e., Applications, tools, Operating Systems) throughout their life cycle, from acquisition through final disposition. In addition, the role develops, and implements the organization's Software asset management strategy, manages software entitlement ensuring all inventories and changes are made robustly and in compliance with the licensing terms and policies at all times.
· Manage IT Software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
· Develop and maintain company policies and processes related to Software & Licensing.
· Plan and implement IT Software asset life cycle strategy; advise Procurement and IT Operations in procurement strategies for IT Software acquisition.
· Serve as IT Software asset management subject matter expert.
· Optimize usage and cost of IT Software & License deployments.
· Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
· Assist with the development and reporting of KPIs in relation to the Software in use within the business.
· Carry out internal software audits and ensure at all times that licensing by software item is correct and up to date.
· Ensure knowledge of software regulations is kept current
· Identify opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and future software base.
· Embed a formal software asset management framework for all relevant software including driving compliance across the software estate.
· Ensure optimal pricing and deployment models are secured by working closely with suppliers and software vendors.