Company: FARRAR LEVIN LEGAL RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Commercial law firm in Sheffield is looking to recruit an Environmental lawyer of 3 or more years’ PQE. The Environmental team provides a comprehensive service covering a wide range of Environmental issues including defending clients when facing environmental regulatory action; providing compliance advice; advising on overcoming environmental constraints to planning applications; challenging decisions made by authorities; and bringing and defending civil claims. Clients include house builders and other developers, mineral operators, water companies, energy and manufacturing companies, local planning authorities and other public bodies, charitable and non-governmental organisations. The successful candidate will advise on strategies for environmental risk management in a variety of transactions/circumstances and undertake legal due diligence, providing focused reporting to the client on the environmental risks and propose effective mitigation of such risks. Other aspects for the role include:
• providing drafting on environmental issues in transactional documents including sale and purchase agreements, development agreements, share purchase agreements, leases etc. and undertake subsequent negotiations of these provisions
• drafting ancillary environmental documents for transactions eg. reliance letters relating to environmental reports, site investigation licences
• advising on appointment of environmental consultants and appropriate terms and conditions
• advising on the use of environmental insurance and undertake negotiations with the insurer (via a broker) on bespoke environmental insurance policies
• assisting clients and teams within the firm on drafting of precedent document.
You will also advise clients directly on a range of stand-alone environmental issues including for example the following, but if candidates have their own strengths in other areas then this will be of interest too: Asbestos; Environmental permitting; Waste and reuse of materials; Contaminated land. You must also be happy to assist with the department’s business development activities including drafting and delivering environmental seminars and training as part of internal and external seminars; contributing to the firm’s environmental bulletin; and attending relevant sector events to raise profile and sell the firms’ capabilities.