COMPANY: NELSON SCOTT LLP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £85k plus bonus
To provide guidance and assistance to company staff in the location by applying the group Risk and Compliance Framework.
• As the UK company is regulated with the FCA, you will be the registered Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
• Ensuring the company's compliance with relevant laws, regulations and adherence to the group policies and procedures.
• In conjunction with the Managing Director maintain the local Business Risk Assessment.
• Develop and manage the Compliance Monitoring Plan taking account of all regulatory requirements and undertake the tasks programmed in the Compliance Monitoring Plan in a timely manner.
Monitor the local Regulator and other Competent Authorities to identify potential changes to legislation or other regulatory requirements and escalate these to the MD and Regional Head of Risk and Compliance.
• Assist the MD to liaise with the Regulator and ensure that all interactions are properly documented and retained.
• In conjunction with the MD maintain the local Regulatory Mapping Gap Analyses and consider and deal with the impact on Policy and Procedures of any relevant new and/or amended regulations, laws, orders, codes and guidelines.
• Play an active role in the review, development and maintenance of the Company's policies, procedures and compliance manuals.
• Provide on-site support to the London team for all compliance related queries and deliverables.
• Support the Group's compliance functions globally on transactions that are aligned to the capital markets business.
• Sign off the adequacy of CDD accompanying new business documentation to include the maintenance of appropriate Compliance records.
• Collate information and assist with the preparation of reports to provide key information to both the board and Group Risk and Compliance on a monthly basis.
• Undertake relevant ad hoc project work as required.
• Deliver Compliance training to the UK business including Induction, client take-on and Anti-Financial Crime training as required.
• Carry out any relevant function/activity required by the Regional Head of Risk and Compliance or Directors from time to time.
• Provide technical guidance to the Compliance team in relation to UK regulation.
• Assist with coaching, training, motivating and monitoring the Compliance team, to include assisting in appraisal meetings and in interviewing for new employees where appropriate.
A relevant Compliance qualification (ie ICA Diploma or ICSA Diploma) would be deemed advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 10 years financial services experience in a financial institution or banking environment to include time spent in a management role.
• At least 5 years direct Compliance experience is a pre-requisite
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Experience of delivering training and giving presentations
• Ability to prioritise
• Comprehensive understanding of relevant regulatory and legislatory requirements as they apply to the group's services in the UK.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to develop and maintain close working relationships with colleagues and third parties
• Computer literacy is essential
• Enthusiasm and flexibility to support your compliance colleagues globally.
• Able to influence and deal comfortably with staff at all levels
• Methodical and accurate approach
• Working as part of a wider team
• Self-motivated and proactive with a strong ability to meet deadlines and clear deliverables.
• The ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise and organise workflow
• Analytical and investigative skills
• Practicality when dealing with new business
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
• We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
• We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
• We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.