SCIENCE TECHNICIAN REQUIRED
A fantastic Secondary School in South Sheffield is seeking a science department technician to assist during the academic year. Ideally a long term role for a Science or STEM graduate, this role can be a fantastic platform for a career in Science and to gain experience working in an educational environment.
- A degree (preferably in Science)
- Experience working with young people
- Passionate about Biology, Physics or Chemistry and teaching young people about various chemicals, utensils and equipment - as well as what they are used for.
- Must be able to motivate and engage students
- Experience in a similar role is desired but not essential
- Help setting up classroom for experiments
- Assisting all over the science department
- Providing assistance for science teachers in classroom
The person appointed will support the teaching staff by preparing for practical lessons, looking after equipment and stock and carrying out general tasks to assist in the smooth running of the science department.