Salary: £34,170.57 per annum pro-rata
Contract Type: Permanent , Part Time (18.75 hours per week)
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
This is an exciting job opportunity where you'll join the English Team as an Academic English Skills (AES) Tutor. Teaching small-medium classes (15-20 students) of international students studying on our Level 3 Foundation programme and Level 4 International Year One, you'll have the opportunity to work in an autonomous environment where student centred, innovative, lessons are encouraged.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. To be successful in this job role, you'll be a confident Academic English Tutor that understands the needs of learners and encourages independent learning. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing, then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
You'll have the chance to deliver engaging lessons to students on our International Foundation Year (Level 3) and International Year One (Level 4). You'll teach across any of our Foundation or International Year One programmes in Business, Computing and Engineering and Art as all pathways study Academic English as part of their programme. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to the development of materials and formative assessment across the modules you will deliver.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificate or preferably a Diploma, in teaching English as a Foreign Language (Essential)
- Qualified to Degree level or professional equivalent in a relevant subject area (Essential)
- A Cert Ed, PCET or PGCE teaching qualification (working towards, or willingness to achieve) (Desirable)
- Postgraduate qualification in a related field (Desirable)
- Successful teaching, learning and assessment experience at level 3 (Essential), level 4 (Desirable)
- Current experience in the delivery of Academic English (Essential)
- Experience of teaching International Students (Desirable)
- Experience of supporting students in a pastoral role (Desirable)
- Experience of developing teaching and learning through digital learning (Desirable)
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
# LI - AA1
Role: Academic English Skills (AES) Tutor
Job Type: Permanent , Part Time
Apply for this job now.