SC&A is looking for an environmental/air quality engineer to join our team in our Chapel Hill, NC office. This person will work closely with our Senior Vice President in performing the duties described below. The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering and is a Professional Engineer. We are looking for candidates with 10-20 years of experience. We are also seeking someone who is interested in obtaining a significant ownership stake in the company.
- Prepare/evaluate environmental permit applications, reports, facility designs, plans and cost estimates.
- Knowledge of air dispersion models
- Develop action plans and recommendations based on the review and evaluation.
- Participate in site visits, data collection, and investigations regarding environmental topics.
- Review technical/program documents and applications.
- Perform environmental calculations based on provided methodologies.
- Communicate with regulators on permit and compliance issues
- Lead/prepare proposals
- Assist in preparing environmental guidance documents.
- Interact with clients
- Up to 30% travel required
- Knowledge of the Microsoft 365 Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to handle information confidentially
SC&A is an employee-owned company with headquarters in Arlington, VA and offices in Chapel Hill, NC and Germantown, MD. The company provides environmental consulting services to the federal government, other government agencies, and commercial clients.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes teamwork and a focus on client satisfaction.
SC&A benefits include medical, dental, short and long-term disability, basic personal accident insurance, access to a 529 saving plan, and basic life insurance. New full-time employees accrue 15 days of paid time off (PTO) per year and the company recognizes 10 holidays. Employees are eligible for a 401K and a profit-sharing plan that typically provides an amount equal to 5% of your salary directly into your 401K account. The company benefits are effective on your first day of employment.
SC&A does not accept third-party applications or agency inquiries. Phone calls are not accepted for any position. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. SC&A maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Powered by JazzHR