Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and preventive maintenance of vehicles along with replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Partner with store management and the desk team to deliver superior service and education to customers on problems and proposed solutions for their vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is completed and documented in the work order system for every car assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management. Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate. Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, state safety and emissions testing (where required), fluid changes, steering and suspension, maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for securing vehicle during repairs and after repairs are completed.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient, safe use of service equipment. Interprets and applies technical instructions in diagram and text form.
- Maintain company directed productivity, training development plan, and comeback performance levels.
- Approachable and knowledgeable resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates, management, and customers.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures. Expected to comply with loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Valid Driver's License.
- Successful completion of Background and Drug tests.
- Minimum six months of related experience in the automotive service environment.
Auto Plus SM is a U.S.-based leading automotive aftermarket company with over 3,500 employees in over 270 locations throughout the country. On February 4, 2016, Icahn Enterprises L.P. acquired The Pep Boys -- Manny, Moe & Jack with the intent to combine the operations of Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been a leading automotive aftermarket chain. With over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys offers name-brand tires; automotive maintenance and repair; parts and expert advice for the Do-It Yourselfer; commercial auto parts delivery; and fleet maintenance and repair. Combined, Auto Plus and Pep Boys (the "Company") have approximately 23,000 employees in over 1,000 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and $3 billion in annual sales.
Role: Automotive Mechanics & Technicians - Your New Career Starts Here
Apply for this job now.