Successful and well-establish company that creates amazing products for leading retailers and corporate brands worldwide, is look for a Head of Product to join their team. You will be accountable for every product that is produced by the company; from steering the product direction to ensuring that all products are developed in the most commercial and feasible way.
Working with all of the major high street retailers (Topshop, Primark, New Look, Paperchase etc) and corporate businesses, this company designs, develops and makes products that fall within many product categories including gifts, beauty, stationery, apparel and tech.
It’s a competitive industry so this company needs to make sure that they are the go-to supplier for the top buyers out there; they need to be known for their trend-driven, commercial range ideas which is where you come in!
Your role, in a nutshell, is to foresee consumer trends and then base the company’s new product strategy around these. Emerging colour trends, pattern trends, character trends, consumer behaviour and buying trends – all will influence your decisions, so you must be one of the few gifted people who can see these trends emerging and then know what commercial products can be created to tie in with these.
You will brief your strategy to the team of in-house product developers and designers who will bring your ideas to life, these will then be presented to the buyers and then production of selected lines will commence.
Duties of this role involve:
- Analysing the current team structure and processes; what are the realistic capabilities of the team at present.
- Devising your Product Strategy; what is the vision and how as a team are you going to get there?
- Establishing what support, training, restructuring or expansion is needed and making this happen within realistic timescales and budgets.
- Working closely with the account managers; what are the product needs of your current customers.
- What target customers do you have as a business; how could you help the sales team win these customers with help of new product.
- Working with the Head of Design to identify new trends and deciding what products could be developed in line with these.
- Briefing commercial product ideas to the product development team; ensuring only products that are commercial and feasible are discussed (i.e. don’t design products that you can’t make!)
- Ensuring that all initial designs and mock-ups are completed prior to sign off.
- Once signed off, making sure that factory specs are accurate and briefed correctly.
- Overseeing the costing and sampling stage of every product; could it be improved? If so, how.
- Ensuring that the team is keeping to the critical path plans and timings.
- Analysing the products once produced; is it the most amazing version of the product possible? If not, what could be improved for next time.
- Keeping your team motivated so they are the top product team in the industry!
Why you’ll love this job:
- Their innovative approach and diverse product ranges.
- The enviable eco ethos that permeates their business.
- Being part of an amazing team!
What they’ll love about you:
- Your commercial aptitude, you’re always several steps ahead.
- Your passion for good design and your innovate, fresh approach.
- Your ability to truly inspire your team.
If you are the Head of Product they are looking for, get in touch and send us your CV today!
Role: Head of Product, product design company!
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South East
Apply for this job now.