COMPANY: FIDELITY INTERNATIONAL
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Purpose of your role
As a Web Application developer you will play a key role on a global programme working with Product Owners Digital and Technical teams within Fidelity International to deliver a new technology platform to support Fidelity International's Workplace Investments business.Working alongside multiple stakeholder groups you will need to utilise your experience of working in agile delivery teams to assist with the design, definition, exploration and delivery of an end to end technology solution to service a scaling global Workplace Investments business.The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques, behaviour driven development (BDD). You will have experience working with full scale Scrum or Kanban, and be a competent user of Jira and Confluence.
This position requires a strong self-starter with solid technical engineering background and influencing skills, who can lead the way, assist development teams with architecture, design decisions, coding, trouble shooting and any other technical issues related to implementation of a customer facing proposition.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for delivering and providing technical expertise as part of the delivery team from both design and day to day coding
- Working with the product owners identify new improvements, customer requirements and follow through to delivery
- Ensuring delivery in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Stakeholder management across various Technology and Business teams.
- Ensures that technical solutions are fit for purpose, including for functional, non-functional and support requirements and aligned to Global Technology Strategies
- Be the trusted advisor to the business.
- Partner closely with Architecture, business and supporting central groups while working within a global team.
- 3+ years' experience working as a web app dev
- Experience in software delivery in agile methodologies
- TDD and pair programming best practise with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills & a customer centric focus
- Ability to travel when required
- Passion for growing your skills and, tackling challenging problems
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Working knowledge of APIs, caching and messaging
- Be comfortable with the Zurb Foundation framework