Technical Operations Manager
Crawley, West Sussex
£75,000 - £85,000 + Brilliant Company Benefits
Technical Operations Manager is required by exciting technology company. This is a newly created function responsible for ensuring the ongoing service and technical operation of our clients business-critical cloud-based systems. The role is to provide leadership, technical and line management to a variety of technical roles including DevOps Engineers, DBA's and Application Support Engineers. Ownership and delivery of related processes within agreed Quality Standards will be a key responsibility.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Provide management of the application technical infrastructure, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to
- Take responsibility for the design, procurement, build, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of Application & SLDC Servers and monitor their performance
- Passionate about automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Assure the physical and logical security of the Application & SLDC Servers comply with all regulations and policies
- Ensure that all cloud operations are secure, resilient and reliable
- Lead on the improvement of service and component availability and capacity, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities
- Line manage the DevOps team members conducting regular 1-2-1 meetings and helping each team member meet their career objectives.
- Champion collaborative working with the development and QA teams
- Provide leadership in DevOps philosophy and emerging trends
- Oversee DevOps tooling (Puppet, Terraform, Octopus Deploy, PowerShell etc) administration.
- Responsible for the Disaster Recovery solution and its reliability
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- Responsible for the operations budget of all cloud and 3rd party services
- Work with the Security Architect to automate security scanning in the build pipeline.
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Expert in Lean and the DevOps principles/movement
- DevOps tooling Puppet, PowerShell, Terraform, Bash
- Octopus Deploy
- Git source control
- .NET Framework and ASP.NET web applications
This role is being managed on an exclusive basis by ARC IT Recruitment. Technical Operations Manager Crawley, West Sussex £75k - £85k
Role: Technical Operations Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Crawley, Sussex,
Apply for this job now.