A very exciting opportunity has come up for a global commodities business who are looking for an enthusiastic Python Engineer to join on of their Front Office data analytics teams as a core strategist.
Being heavily involved with data, numerical algorithms and technology, the data analytics teams add value to the business by providing new models, tradable insights, distinctive data sets and agile technology solutions for analysts and commercial teams.
The Python Engineer will have good technical skills, combining programming ability with data science methods, statistics, numerical algorithms, derivative pricing/optimisation. You will be working in a team that provides prompt and practical technology solutions to analysts in a fast-paced Front Office environment.
- 3+ years experience writing production ready Python code
- Good knowledge of things like Flask, Jupyter, panadas, and numpy
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong OO skills in another language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Good knowledge of industry best practices
- Good experience with Data Manipulation
- Strong University Degree in STEM related subjects
- Excellent communication skills
- Large scale data analysis and predictive modelling
- Front Office experience, working closely with Traders and Quants
- Knowledge of Scientific Python stack SciPy
- Experience with the Big Data ecosystem, Hadoop, Spark, HBase
- Quantitative skills, stats, probability theory, derivative pricing
- Data Science experience
This is a great opportunity to get involved with a high performance team who are using some cutting edge tech to change business outcomes.
Role: Python Engineer - Front Office Trading Analytics - Canary Wharf
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.