Secondary Teaching Assistant / Secondary School TA / Supply Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant / LSA
£65 - £85 per day (Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are At least 6 weeks experience in placement related to children or education.)
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Secondary Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic supply teaching team as soon as possible. Working on a supply basis, this is an ideal opportunity for a committed and creative secondary TA looking for their next role.
The role of TA will involve working in a variety of schools and settings, as part of a dynamic and creative team. You will focus on providing general classroom support for a class as well as working 1-1 with students, helping them with their learning in the Bristol area. This can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full-time basis.
All schools that Vision for Education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience to each student's individual needs.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
• A reference to cover a 6-week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
• Experience working within Secondary settings
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
• Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Secondary TA who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding enviro