Company: LAW ABSOLUTE LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
LAW Absolute are currently working with this dynamic early growth client in their immediate need for a Data Protection Paralegal. You will be a motivated self-starter able to lead and take on the responsibility for their compliance and data protection activities.
Reporting directly to the Director your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing, updating, and overseeing compliance at our company.
- Driving transparency initiatives.
- Writing and reviewing company compliance policies.
- Training staff on compliance policies and processes.
- Understanding the company’s legal framework for processing activities.
- Monitoring and assessing risk.
- Reviewing and responding to Data Subject Access Requests, erasure requests, complaints, and other compliance related queries, from both customers and staff.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in data protection and compliance matters (including maintaining Article 30 logs and conducting data audits), and have the following skills and qualities:
- Proficient in data protection law (GDPR, DPA, PECR).
- Comfortable and confident working unsupervised.
- Effective communication skills – you will need to explain complex concepts and issues to the key stakeholders.
- Tolerant and respectful – we are a diverse workplace and you will work with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Technologically adept – your role will necessitate working with data and designing systems.
You must have a law degree with a minimum of 12 months data protection experience and be available to start in November.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.