Entry Level position- Army Navy Country Club is seeking a full time experienced, passionate cook that has the desire and drive to learn and expand in the Culinary Arts.
* Must have a flexible schedule*
At the Army Navy Country Club, the Cook 1 Position assists the Chef in the management of the culinary team and acts as the leader in their absence. They will supervise and assign cooking, cleaning, and food preparation duties to staff members and ensure that these duties are carried out in an effective and timely manner. The Cook 1 also oversees the maintenance and daily operation of the kitchen, and they should ensure equipment and staff needs are met.
- Preforms as working supervisor, responsible for all food preparation and cooking in assigned areas.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food needs, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements.
- Communicates grocery and supply needs on a daily basis, checking inventories and quality of raw product.
- Preform portion and quality control by monitoring prep-work and distribution of product.
- Assist Chef(s) in menu planning, dietary needs, recipe development, and product testing.
- Inspects and reports any faulty equipment through the proper channels so repairs can be made.
- Prioritizes and ensures kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
- Trains other culinary team members on proper cooking techniques, FIFO, food storage, and kitchen sanitation.
- Oversees cleaning and maintenance of walk-ins and dry store rooms.
- Assists with scheduling, promotion and disciplinary needs of staff members.
- At the discretion of the Chef, areas of responsibilities are subject to change on a daily or long-term basis to meet the needs of the team.
- Good knowledge of the principles of cooking, knife skills, portion control, and meal service.
- Ability to follow menus and adjust recipes to apply to quantity cooking.
- Basic knowledge of food allergies, cross contamination, dietary requirements such as vegetarian, vegan, and pescatarian. (ServSafe)
- Must have good verbal communication skills to interact effectively with guests, members, and co-workers.
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team while maintaining a high level of maturity and judgement.
- Should possess computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Private Platinum Country Club in Arlington, VA
Role: Cook 1
Apply for this job now.