Social Science Graduate - Tameside
Two of our partner schools in the Tameside area are currently recruiting for social science graduates to help support the recent increase of SEMH students (Social Emotional Mental Health). Since schools have re-opened after the recent lockdown, we have found a huge surge of students suffering from SEMH. You will be working alongside an experienced SENCO and SEN team which have previously identified by the school for having SEN needs.
Your main role will be supporting students with reading, spelling and comprehension tasks. This would therefore be supporting small groups alongside mentoring on a more 1:1 support basis helping with a large variety of students who may be with either multiple or specialised SEN needs. Therefore, social science graduates with a general understanding of these needs would be highly desired.
- Help with tasks and assist the SENCO and SEN team with specific requirements for students.
- The ability of working well under pressure and overcoming diversity for different situations/scenarios.
- Working with students who often find themselves in need of more support than their peers. In this case you will mainly be working within a department which specialises in SEMH needs.
- Producing resources for those who may need additional support, both in small groups and 1:1 support.
- Pay will be dependent on experience, which is between £325 - £375 a week.
This school is located very close to the Hyde area of Tameside with public transport links being located very close to the school. With great accessibility for car drivers with both the M60 and M56 running very local towards the school with a large car park on the property. This school is located in a very pleasant surrounding and boasts the fantastic facilities in the local area.
If you would like to know more about Teaching Personnel and the current job roles we have, please do get in touch by applying to this advert or speaking to our Manchester Secondary East team.