General Dental Private Practice in Eagle Rock is looking for a full-time dental assistant. We are looking for someone who is reliable, punctual, works well with others, and brings a positive attitude towards the work environment, as well as having great communication skills with patients. We are looking for someone who is capable in taking digital x-rays, setting up for dental procedures, assisting the doctors, and helping to maintain the back office with sterilization and proper set-up of trays.
Job Type: Full-time
Responsibilities and Duties:
- At least 1 year of Dental Assisting.
- Ability to perform all phases of four (4) handed Dental Assisting duties for endodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, prosthodontics, cosmetic and restorative procedures.
- Under the supervision of the Dentist, possess the skills necessary to perform Registered Dental Assistant duties as per State of California licensing guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard and radiographic methods.
- Familiar with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
- Introduces patients to necessary treatment and giving an understanding of procedures performed.
- Complies with OSHA standards - Uses proper PPE.
- Clean, sterilize instruments, and set up trays.
- Stock and store all supplies and material while keeping an active inventory.
- Maintenance and testing of equipment (sterilizer, x-ray machine, etc.) including daily lubrication of equipment.
- Pouring up models and other lab procedures.
- Instruct patients in after care procedures.
- Documentation of exam findings in patient chart.
- Maintain, clean, organize, and keep fully stocked operatories and laboratory.
- Dental Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Certified Dental Assistant (Required)
- English; Other languages welcomed
Role: Dental Assistant
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.