Phonics Intervention Teaching Assistant
- Part-time position (3-5 mornings per week)
- Phonics intervention role
- School in Oswaldtwistle (BB5)
- Mid/ Late January 2021 start
Teaching Personnel have been approached by a high volume of schools in the East Lancashire area in order to source suitable and experienced teaching assistants to deliver planned intervention/booster sessions so far this academic year. Specifically, a primary school within Oswaldtwistle (BB5) are hoping to source a teaching assistant to work across EYFS and Year 1. The successful candidate will be required to provide small group Phonics intervention session for EYFS and Year 1 pupils. Due to the school closures last academic year, there are a number of gaps in learning for many Year 1 children in terms of the Phonics phases. The Year 1 sessions will be focused on filling these gaps, building on prior knowledge and preparing the children for the Phonics screening that is planned to go ahead as usual in June 2021. The role is due to start either the week commencing Monday 18th January 2021 or Monday 25th January 2021. By this time, the children will have been assessed and grouped accordingly for the sessions. The school would be able to provide the intervention position on a part-time basis and the Headteacher has said they are flexible in terms of the days whether it be from 3-5 mornings per week. The school are looking for an individual who is comfortable to across EYFS and Year 1, it is essential to have a good knowledge and understanding of Phonics.
Requirements for the role:
- CACHE Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification (or equivalent)
- Minimum grade C in English & Maths at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Experience using Letters and Sounds, Jolly Phonics or Read Write Inc. Phonics schemes
- Experience supporting children within EYFS and Key Stage 1
Teaching Personnel can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme - £50 for every referral
- An abundance of supply work in a variety of schools
- A dedicated consultant with knowledge & experience of working in the Primary Education Sector
- Out of hours on-call service
- Day to day or long term position
The role is to start on either Monday 11th January 2021/ Monday 25th January 20201, until Easer initally however potentially until July 2021 on a part -time basis. The successful candidate will have a phone call with Head Teacher. Rates of pay are competitive starting at £10 per hour paid into your bank account on a weekly basis.
See what our candidates are saying about us here.