ACMH, a well-respected not-for-profit which promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing is seeking a Program Specialist.
· Teaches skills for maintaining personal hygiene, laundry and apartment cleaning
· Monitors overall maintenance of apartments and alerts program director of maintenance problems.
· Teaches skills for budgeting, shopping, meal planning, preparation and clean-up.
· Teaches skills for self-preservation, monitors living units for safety and cleanliness.
· Administers the client cooking safety test.
· Monitors, documents and teaches self administration of medication, according to program policy and procedures.
· Report incidents or behavioral changes in residents to supervisor.
· Teaches travel skills and escorts clients, where needed.
· Documents services rendered and client progress in a timely manner.
· Attends training as requested by supervisory staff.
· Duties as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma with some undergraduate work in psychology or high school diploma with
significant experience in working with adults with mental illness. Understanding of the concept of
recovery from serious mental illness and the ability to deliver person-centered skills training services.
Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Basic computer and data entry skills. Good
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management
ACMH, Inc., promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: #removed#
Role: Program Specialist
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.