In order to continue our growth and geographic expansion we are in search of a Executive Vice President of Operations to work within all aspect of our organization by reporting to the President of the company, and working side-by-side to support all aspects of the company’s operation improvement, growth & expansion.
The Executive Vice President of Operations is responsible playing a key role in setting operational strategic direction and owning critical processes for the Company. The EVP Ops provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the Company and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This individual will be responsible for driving solutions and process improvement across the Company, in order to improve and enhance all aspects of the company and eliminate inefficiencies.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Lead the implementation of policies to reduce cost and improve quality, on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction and employee relations.
· Responsible for strategic direction and execution of capital engineering projects.
· Anticipates future capital requirements and assists in building the project pipeline and projected capital spend.
· Provide leadership in a coaching style to all divisions to solve process roadblocks through process improvement methodologies.
· Communicate and educate all divisions to high levels of productivity, quality, accountability and success while promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
· Establish departmental responsibilities and coordinate functions among functional departments and/or multiple plant operations.
· Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness by assessing, upgrading or installing new operational systems, processes, and methodologies.
· Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
· Ensure compliance with OSHA, City and State related rules, regulations, or laws.
· Participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
· Work collaboratively with President and the other functional heads to establish the strategic plan for the business, annual operating objectives, organizational policies, and procedures for attaining Company objectives. Through engineering disciplines, evolve manufacturing systems and scalable processes to help deliver the Company’s growth objectives.
· Develop and execute strategic and tactical objectives to improve both the cost and quality of the Company’s products.
· Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth.
· Establish priorities for each department, create forward-looking operational and financial plans to address department-specific priorities, and create and monitor metrics that measure performance objectives.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school): Required
Master's Degree: Preferred
Fifteen years of experience in Operations Management in food manufacturing or health and beauty industry would be a strong benefit. Results-oriented, Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to develop qualitative and quantitative approaches / methodologies for identifying and assessing various options. Strategic leader with demonstrated ability to be a key and decisive decision maker. Well versed in large SKU manufacturing platforms. Process Improvement coaching to transform divisions to a high performance and collaborative environment. Demonstrated leadership skills: to lead cross-functional teams, strong influencing skills, and a record of getting things done through strong organizational skills. Experience expanding business through acquisitions and Greenfield. Demonstrated focus on delivering long-term profitable.
Van Law Food Products, Inc. is one of the largest contract packaging and private label liquid food manufacturing companies in the United States. Our Fullerton, California based business has outperformed industry growth trends consistently since its formation in 1945. Our fast paced environment enables us to move quickly and respond to culinary trends and customer flavor profile and packaging requirements. Our Sales/Marketing, R&D, Corporate Culinary Group, Quality Assurance, Packaging, and Manufacturing teams' partner with our customers to create products that are creative, forward thinking, and delivered with unmatched industry speed.
Role: Executive Vice President of Operations
Apply for this job now.