Join our Goodwill family and get a $750 bonus! All new Retail, Post-Retail, Ecommerce & Commercial Services Team members are now eligible for a $750 bonus. Inquire with one of our Recruiters for more details!
Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work.
Assists management in the operation of the Goodwill retail store; this includes customer service, recordkeeping, cash management, facility operation, communications, merchandising, and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the store manager with the overall operation of the retail store.
- Ensure compliance with all GCT policies, including, but not limited to, reporting theft or misuse of company property or other illegal activities.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production, and closing operations including work on weekends and holidays.
- Resolve customer complaints in fair and impartial matter, referring all unsettled disputes to the store manager.
- Supervise and train retail sales associates.
- Assist in performing daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations and cash transactions.
- Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure proper sales procedures are followed by associates.
Responsible for supervising and training all or some of the following positions: Donation Attendant, Merchandise Processor, Sales Associate.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform simple math computations, including percentages.
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift).
- Previous cashier experience.
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you as part of our Goodwill Team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age,
marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR