Reports to: Maintenance Director
This position is accountable for creating service orders and assigning maintenance work. Communicate service order status to drivers/customers. Manage shop and parts inventories including stocking, distribution and auditing of parts.
The Service-Inventory Specialist is responsible for obtaining the results for each of the areas defined below.
1. Write service orders and enter internal work orders.
2. Assign and manage service orders :
o Understand skills and strengths of personnel in order to assign order for maximum productivity/efficiency.
o Communicate service order status with driver/customer thru telephone, email, text or face to face.
o Ensure shop personnel record time and completion in system correctly and in a timely manner
3. Manage parts planning and reorder list.
4. Issue purchase orders / purchase parts.
5. Manage parts inventory including assisting Maintenance Director with periodic audits
6. Manage loaned equipment in / out of inventory (i.e. tarps, pipe stakes, etc…).
7. Assist drivers with on the road maintenance issues including towing and approved vendors for outside service.
8. Assist Maintenance Clerk as needed.
Note: Must have 3 references, 2 of which are related to service writing or inventory control
- 3-5 years inventory control and parts experience.
- 3+ years service writing experience.
- Preferred experience in transportation/auto industry or parts management function.
- Ability to lift 85 pounds to shoulder level (i.e. tarps, pipe stakes)
- Ability to lift 95 pounds to knee level (i.e. turbos, compressors)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - must be detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills with spreadsheet, word processing software.
- Ability to deal tactfully with human issues with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative team building relationships.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Must be dependable with regular attendance and on time attendance
We are a flatbed and over the road (OTR) trucking company with headquarters in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Our drivers are dispatched out of Tuscaloosa and/or Birmingham, Alabama, and Shubuta, MS.
Role: Breakdown/Maintenance Service Writer
Apply for this job now.