Working within M&G's business as an IFRS17 Actuary means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Finance Ambition Programme is transforming the ways of working in M&G's Saving and Retirement Solutions Finance function. It is transforming the end to end processes enabled by new technologies. The programme is also responsible for accelerating the working day timetable for external reporting to meet the requirements of Solvency 2 and implementing IFRS 17, the new insurance accounting standard.
We are looking for a qualified actuary to provide detailed technical interpretation of IFRS17 and work with the RAFM developer and solution architect to translate to required model changes. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience and understanding of the IFRS17 accounting standards.
- Experience of translating technical standards and methodology to business and operational requirements, in particular for IFRS17
- Experience of disseminating quality information to internal and external stakeholders including regulators and rating agencies
- Experience of actively seeking out opportunities to learn about new developments (at Group and/or other external organisations) and applying them to current work processes
- Experience of considering the impact of own team's work and suggesting improvements to work products
- Experience of accurately communicating business issues to appropriate parties and providing support to stakeholders
- Experience of proactively advising stakeholders of market findings
- Experience of developing a broad base of relationships with key contacts across Finance and with key business stakeholders
- Some experience of providing financial information and technical communication materials to support planning and decision making
- Some experience of communicating findings and results of analyses in the appropriate format to ensure understanding, determining the most appropriate message and delivery method
- Supported projects or transformation programmes before
- Happy to work with ambiguity and agile working
- Working knowledge of how to evaluate the cost of guarantees and options, and assumptions to be used in pricing and valuations
- Working knowledge of Unit linked and With Profits (+others as relevant)
- Working knowledge of how governance, risk and compliance processes impact on M&G
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
- An understanding of the commercial implications of decisions
- Some knowledge of M&G products, systems and distribution methods
- Understanding of the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice
- Some knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative environment
- Qualified Actuary
- Life Assurance background
People who work at M&G agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
At M&G we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
Please be advised that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to share your personal data with M&G.
Role: IFRS17 Actuary
Job Type: Contract
Apply for this job now.