Reporting to the Vice President, responsible for developing and managing the Field Operations.
· Plan workday, communicate plans with crews of laborers and assign tasks, supervise work
· Assume responsibility for tools, truck, and equipment
· Communicate clearly and effectively with your crew, and project managers
· Complete paperwork in an accurate, legible and timely manner on a daily basis, or as the office requires
· Demand quality work in yourself and your crews
· Insure a thorough and detailed clean-up after every workday
· Monitor and adhere to all safety requirements
· Analyze and resolve worker challenges
· Examine and inspect work progress, equipment and construction sites to verify safety and ensure specifications are being met
· Analyze projects and estimate material and worker requirements needed to complete projects within budget and on time
· Read specifications, such as blueprints and other data, to determine construction requirements
· Locate, measure, and mark location, call USA locate and placement of structures and equipment
· Train workers in quality construction methods and proper operation of equipment
· Recommend measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety
· Be able to manage 2 - 3 projects concurrently
· Coordinate, review and manage projects with sub-contractors
· Schedule and communicate inspections and with inspectors
· Insure projects are completed on schedule and under or at budget
· Effectively control material and Labor costs on projects
· Consistent care, cleanliness, and organization of all vehicles, equipment, and tools
· Maintain legible and accurate paperwork
· Use proper safety equipment and follow procedures at all times
· Underground Construction-- A strong background in underground construction. Equipment operations experience is a MUST.
· Math - Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide correctly. Must be able to perform conversions such as sq. ft. to cubic yards.
· Time Management - Manage own time and the time of others
· Active Listening - Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate.
· Communication - Convey information effectively verbally and in writing
· Computer Skills -- Experience with Email, Excel, Word and Adobe
· Instruction - Ability to train effectively and provide constructive criticism in a way that encourages improvement and a positive attitude
· Safety -- OSHA knowledge a must. Maintain a clean, safe and professional work environment.
· Valid California Driver's License, Clean DMV
· Field Management Experience: 1 to 2-year MINIMUM
· Health, Dental & Vision and minimal life insurance Benefits
· Paid Holidays
· 5+ years' experience preferred in the following Industries:
o Directional Drilling/Boring
o Vacuum, Pump Trucks
o Commercial and Residential Underground Construction
o Sewer / Water Line
o Underground Utilities
o Cable TV & Telecommunications
· Excellent communication skills
· Employee Relations
· Top Customer Service
· Leadership, Mentoring, Training
· Hands-on Field Experience
We look forward to you joining our small team with hopes of utilizing your skills to enhance our successful team ultimately adding shareholder value for the company.
Role: FIELD OPERATION MANAGER
Location: San Mateo,
Apply for this job now.