Our construction is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team! We have a passion for building and pride ourselves on identifying solutions for all construction challenges. The majority of our business comes from repeat clients and referrals. We deliver complex projects within budget and on schedule. Our focus on pre-construction sets the stage and trajectory for successful projects.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that each project is completed on time and within budget, anticipating issues and providing solutions, and maintaining a strategic focus on all aspects of engineering and project management.
Note: Project Engineers with an excellent skill set will be considered for a Project Manager role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the submittal and RFI processes.
- Track long-lead items.
- Manage the buyout of self-perform and small scope items.
- Assist the Superintendent with updating schedules and communicating with subcontractors and clients.
- Keep a record of action items/decisions and attendees with meeting-minute documentation.
- Assist the Superintendent with clarifying the scope for subcontractors and tracking self-perform costs.
- Assist the Project Manager with change order management and billings.
- Manage the punch list, warranty, and as-built drawing processes.
- Understand owner's expectations.
- Communicate deadlines to contractors and SCBI administrative staff.
- Manage the commissioning process.
- Pick up permits.
- Manage bid job walks.
- Respond to warranty problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in project estimating, financial management, and timely documentation.
- Effective team leadership and management skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
Powered by JazzHR